Contents Not Displaying on One Machine

jbfung
Novice

Mar 28, 2005, 6:07 AM

Post #1 of 5 (83230 views)
Shortcut
Contents Not Displaying on One Machine Can't Post

Hello,

I've been searching the archive for the last 1/2 hour with little success - so I'm appealing to the community for a bit of help.

We have one user who's computer refuses to display the contents of the HTMLArea. They're running WinXP with IE 6.0, and other than that we can't discern any differences over the phone. The area's contents just aren't initialized, so whenever they go to make changes, they only see a blank area - so when they save, they end up wiping what's actually there.

I've double-checked the javascript settings, and they appear to be fine - I've even reset the security settings completely to something appropriate, and even tried turning off their antivirus software to see if it was somehow interfering.

Essentially I'm hoping for some more ideas on what could be causing the issue, or perhaps a concrete example of someone who'd had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance,

~Joseph

mr_koz
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (83193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jbfung] Contents Not Displaying on One Machine [In reply to] Can't Post

might be a different subject all together but.

I had a huge amount of trouble using the htmlarea in IE 6.280.xxxxxxxx (cant remember the whole thing) basically the editor would sometimes load and othertimes crash and lock it out, it was something to do with the amount of html around the html area, i removed alot of the html around it and gave it about 5 lines of clear space in the html on either side.

with a real DOM browser, this problem doesn't exist, but something in IE is not right.

give it a try

scottiemac
Novice

May 14, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #3 of 5 (83077 views)
Shortcut

When you say "one user" is not getting the interface, how many ARE getting the interface. I had this problem with a client, but it was just he and I, and the issue was that I hadn't uploaded all the files, and somehow it was pulling the required .js files off my local machine.

jbfung
Novice

May 14, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #4 of 5 (83068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottiemac] Contents Not Displaying on One Machine [In reply to] Can't Post

Good point, however not the case - it's working for hundreds of other users and configurations.

Also, subsequently, the user in question tried it on another machine in the same office and it worked fine - so it's definitely something local to her machine.

Any other suggestions?

scottiemac
Novice

May 14, 2005, 11:31 PM

Post #5 of 5 (83071 views)
Shortcut

It was a woman? Well, there you go; ask no more questions. Close the thread Wink

My suggestion is that she switch computers with the co-worker. Sly

What version of HTMLarea are you using? Can you upgrade her to the new beta 3-point-something or other? Then Firefox will run it.

Does the htmlArea eventually load after a period of time? Slow connection maybe? It would have nothing to do with DirectX settings, right?

I don't have a great deal of experience with XP, but I have not been able to access Microsoft Exchange webmail away from work on occasion (with an XP laptop FROM work). Perhaps it's a similar sort of "bug".

Search for (options)